The Scientific Committee at BSACI promotes innovative work that improves care for patients and our understanding of allergic disease. We therefore invite you to submit an abstract summarising your work.
All accepted abstracts will be awarded space for display throughout the conference and adjudication during the poster session at the meeting.
Delegates will present their posters and receive feedback during adjudication. Judges will consider the work presented in terms of:
- Originality and quality
- Relevance to practice
- Presentation and discussion of poster
Six Barry Kay Awards are conferred upon presenting delegates each year. One award is given in each of the following Judging Categories:
- Basic Science
- Adult Clinical
- Paediatric Clinical
- Primary Care
- Allied Health
- abstracts are submitted before the relevant deadline: 5pm Monday 29th April 2019 for first round submissions; 5pm Monday 1st July 2019 for Late Breaking abstract submissions.
- the abstract is no longer than 300 words (approx. 2000 characters)
- the title is no longer that 25 words (approx. 150 characters)
- authors’ names are submitted in the format ‘ A. Smith’
abstracts are structured using:
1.Objective, 2.Methods, 3.Results and 4.Conclusions
or for case presentations using:
1.Background, 2.Case presentation, 3.Discussion and 4.Conclusions
- your abstract contains the results data. Any ‘unfinished’ abstracts (promising fresh results on the poster) will be rejected
- no tables, charts or figures are included with the submission (they cannot be read by our peer reviewers)
- the submitting author is the presenting author (only registered delegates may present an abstract at the meeting).
Take care with your submission …
Abstracts cannot be edited after submission on the online system.
The submitting author is required to ensure that all co-authors agree for their names to support the submission, and that co-authors agree that the data reported can be considered for publication in our journal Clinical & Experimental Allergy using the same abstract submission.
Please click here for a pdf version of the guidelines.