WAO/BSACI Abstract Award Scheme 2022
The Abstract Award Scheme enables delegates who submit abstracts, which are accepted to the conference to present their work the opportunity of applying for support for travel, registration and accommodation to the meeting.
There are two categories for applying to one of these, either domestic (UK) or international (including Europe).
UK Award Applicants (for UK applicants only)
If you are applying for a UK (Domestic) award you do not need to be a BSACI member, however preference for those applying will be given to BSACI members. Award allocation in this category is restricted to accepted abstracts from trainees, undergraduate students, nurses and allied health professionals. Awards will be allocated on the grounds of those perceived to be in most financial need or having incurred the greatest expense to attend the conference, rather than on the strength of their abstract itself. Awards of up to £250 will be allocated to each successful applicant towards the cost of attending the conference. Applicants will be able to claim this amount after the conference, further details of how to claim will be sent to each awardee.
International Awards (including Europe) or international applicants only
These awards are open to Junior members only who are:
- Working in the field of allergy/clinical immunology
- Under 35 years of age or within 5 years of a training program in allergy, asthma, clinical immunology or related field
- A current member of a WAO Member Society
Awards are allocated based on the quality of the abstract, location and perceived need of applicant. In addition to the below noted travel reimbursement amounts, full registration to the conference will be waived for successful international applicants.
The maximum reimbursement for each region are below:
- Europe: $300 USD
- North America: $500 USD
- Latin America: $700 USD
- Asia-Pacific: $1,000 USD
- Middle East/Africa: $700 USD
Should you have any questions, about the Abstract Award Scheme, please contact email@example.com
How to apply:
Please send an email with the subject header ‘WAO & BSACI Abstract Award Scheme 2022’
to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 4th March 2022 to include the following:
- A supporting letter from your head of department
- Covering letter from yourself indicating the number of nights you are staying and informing us if you have also applied to/been awarded other funding sources for support to attend this event
- Confirmation of your accepted abstract
You will be notified of the outcome of your application on 16th March 2022.
BSACI Medical Scholarships Scheme 2022
BSACI are offering financial support for the joint World Allergy Organization (WAO) and British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology (BSACI) conference by providing funding for attendees.
Due to the increasing prevalence of allergy within the UK population and the shortage of allergy expertise to treat the increasing allergic population, BSACI would like to encourage medical students and foundation doctors to consider this diverse and growing specialty.
As a result, BSACI set up a Medical Scholarships Scheme which is open to FY2 doctors, IMT and paediatric ST1-3 trainees in the UK, to encourage those who have an interest in a career in allergic diseases to apply. The funds are to pay for costs relating to attendance at the WAO & BSACI joint 2022 conference. This is a fantastic opportunity for junior doctors to see what a career in Allergy and Clinical Immunology looks like and how rewarding being a member of the UK allergy community can be.
How to apply:
- Open to all FY2, IMT and Paediatric ST1-3 trainees in the UK with an interest in or considering a career in Allergy.
- Up to £700 to cover conference fees, hotel accommodation and travel expenses.
- The application involves supplying a letter (maximum 300 words) detailing how the applicant would benefit from this scholarship and a supporting letter from their current supervisor. Please also include how you can help increase awareness of the speciality of allergy either within your department or with other trainees after the conference, such as a grand round presentation, a trainee learning event or a department meeting.
- Abstract submission for the conference is encouraged but is not a requirement.
- Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com no later than Monday 28th February 2022.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application on Wednesday 16th March 2022
There are 10 Medical Scholarships available. Please note previous recipients may not apply.
Abstract submissions are now closed.
The abstract submission window opens on Monday 15th November. This is a unique opportunity for your work to gain great exposure and recognition within the international allergy community, including consideration for publication of your abstract in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Allergy, the official journal of the BSACI.
Click the buttons below to submit your abstract and view the abstract submission guidelines.